My blog is changing things up for a few days! You remember the movie Freaky Friday, right? Well, today I’m sharing a recipe from A Dish Of Daily Life’s blog. A few weeks back I enjoyed this soup recipe and immediately wanted to make it. The recipe is made in one pot, and only takes about 30 minutes. A simple, easy, and delicious recipe so full of flavor. Who wants a big bowl of Fiesta Chicken Enchilada Soup?
[click to continue…]
This recipe will make more than one tummy happy, it will make a whole house-full happy. Since my hubby loves peanut butter and I love bananas, we both can enjoy this bread together! Each bite is full of banana pieces, and delicate in texture from the gluten-free flours. You could top a piece with more peanut butter and bananas, or just enjoy a slice all on its own. Who is ready for me to slice up a piece of Peanut Butter Banana Sweet Bread?
I was inspired to make this bread last week after reading a delicious blog post from Simply Healthy Family. There are only a few changes to the original recipe, Gluten-Free Banana Blackberry Bread. I didn’t have enough eggs, so used some Greek yogurt, and hubby is not a huge fan of blackberries. Otherwise, I was excited to try the recipe and see how the gluten-free flour mixture came out. I couldn’t be more excited right now, the bread looks fabulous, and tastes amazing!
It’s fun to find more delicious gluten-free sweet bread recipes. I bought buckwheat flour a few weeks back and have been meaning to give it a try. This recipe is going on my “make often” list, and soon I will try it with the blackberries. Here are a few other gluten-free recipes I have made: Boozy Gluten-Free Cranberry Orange Muffins, Almond Toasted Coconut Cookies, Chocolate Gluten-Free Cherry Almond Ice Cream Sandwiches, Flourless Six-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies.
Peanut Butter Banana Sweet Bread (Gluten-Free)
Author: Terra Baltosiewich
- 3 small ripe bananas, (about 1½ cups)
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray large bread pan with coconut oil cooking spray.
- In small sauce pan, melt down butter and then let cool.
- In small bowl, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, buckwheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Sit aside.
- In medium bowl, mash bananas, add melted butter, eggs, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, and peanut butter, and mix well.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on oven. (If pan is full of batter, it may take longer to bake. If the pan is only half-full, it will not take as long to bake.)
Sometimes, super easy recipes are what people need and want. This recipe will take you ten minutes to prepare, and will yield enough for leftovers. Just like any tomato soup there is room for change, you can adjust the flavors to your palette. For this recipe, there is more spice added to make each spoonful explode with flavor in your mouth. Who wants a big bowl of Tomato Soup with Roasted Red Peppers and Herbs?
[click to continue…]