Day two of the SitsGirls Halloween party challenge:
I had fun again challenging myself….AND….You ready? I made top three AGAIN in the Chef2Chef.net Halloween Candy Recipe Challenge!!!! WOO HOO!!!
Seriously, I so hope to win but then again just getting recognized is such an honor!
I worked closely with my amazing husband on this recipe. We really had to think about how to make it just right. You would think putting banana and peanut butter together would be easy right…..but NOPE!
After four tries, we came up with a recipe I think we will use a lot in the future. It is easy and fun to make. We also tried to have a healthier side to it, but not completely though, that would be just silly!!!!
Peanut Butter Banana Boo Cups
I made a small batch, so this recipe makes 12 Boo cups.
2 Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Cup creamy all natural peanut butter
Handful of Banana Chips
Mini muffin pan and mini muffin paper inserts
If you have a double boiler fantastic, otherwise do the next process the old school way, a pan with about one inch of water, and a metal bowl on top of the pan. When melting chocolate be careful to not burn the chocolate, so keep the burner at about medium to low heat, just to get it steaming. I did the recipe in three separate steps.
1. Use double boiler, melt one cup of semi-sweet chocolate. I made sure the chocolate was laying out in one layer in the bowl. Let it just sit there and melt on its own, no need to keep stirring it. But also don’t walk away from it either. Place a small layer of the delicious melted ooey gooey goodness in each mini muffin insert. I put a small amount in, and also spread it around the sides, to cover the sides.
2. Next, in a bowl place one cup creamy peanut butter. In food processor puree three medium bananas, mix into peanut butter. Place a small amount in each cup, place enough to where it is almost to top.
3. For the last process, you are going to repeat the first process again, with the same amount of chocolate. (You may have some chocolate left-over, I actually took Gluten Free ginger cookies from Trader Joe’s and dipped the top of them in the left-over chocolate.) Take, and place a small amount of chocolate on each cup, and smooth out with knife, or spatula.
4. For extra added fun, you can crush up banana chips and mix them in the peanut butter. Also, you could put crushed banana chips on the top of the Boo cup for added fun!
5. I placed them in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour, at least until they are set up.
Here is the video from Chef2Chef.net They really have fun with the videos!
I love challenging myself, so I will be going at it again…..I am still dreaming of the Kitchen Aid Mixer! The next challenge is a homemade stuffing recipe…Wish me luck!!!
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,