Guess what arrived yesterday???? ……………
Even Junie wanted to know….. “Momma what’s in the box?”
So OF COURSE I had to cook something. The question was what to cook????
I found a fun recipe the other day, but as always I like to challenge myself. I decided to make these yummy cookies without eggs, and butter. I tried to make them kinda healthy, I said kinda….
I decided to make Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies with a twist.
The batter looks thick, but not too thick.
The batter is a little softer because of the applesauce and oil I used.
They actually came out beautiful!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Prep time – 15-20 min. Cook time – 8-9 minutes depending on oven
Makes 55-60 cookies
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup safflower oil
1/4 cup pure cane sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk chocolate chip morsels
8 oz pkg of toffee brickle chips
1 tsp vanilla
Of course as you figured from above, I mixed everything in the mixer.
1. First mix brown sugar, oil, pure cane sugar, applesauce, and vanilla together.
2. Now slowly mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
3. Last mix in chocolate chips, and toffee. I used a teaspoon to spoon out batter on pan.
Let them cool enough before removing from pan. With the toffee in the batter, they can tend to stick to the pan after baking.
All tied up and ready to be delivered!!!
What is your favorite thing to substitute in a cookie?
Details for Give-Away:Remember the fun give-away I am hosting with the CSN online stores? Don’t miss out on a fun opportunity to win a $20.00 gift certificate, AND it can be used at over 200 different online stores. You can choose from a variety of items like cookware, briefcase, kids toys, and pet supplies.
To be a part of the give-away you need to:
2. If you already do both then leave a comment on my blog, and tell me what you would do with your $20.00 gift card.
3. Another way to be entered in the give-away, share a post from my Facebook fan page, or RT about the give-away on twitter.
4. Bonus: Another additional way to win the gift card follow me on my blog.
I will be randomly choosing a winner by all comments posted by Saturday November 27th 12am EST, then announcing the winner on Sunday November 28th.
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,