“Who wants cinnamon rolls? We want cinnamon rolls!” That is my fun cheer to kick off my Super Bowl themed blog week!! What better way to start off this fun week, then with a Super Bowl breakfast! YUM!!
Last week was the BEST week, it really warmed my heart! My fantastic week is all because of the wonderful Chobani. I was their featured blogger on Wednesday, and I shared about my 52 ways to use Greek yogurt! I also shared two recipes on the featured blog, Cranberry Orange Bread, and Lemony Delicious Vanilla Cinnamon Rolls. I will be sharing the Cranberry Orange Bread very soon, I promise:)
I put vanilla Chobani in the dough, instead of eggs. It definitely worked, was a bit dense, but came together beautifully. I also decided since I love cinnamon soooo much, why not put cinnamon in the dough mixture?
I then rolled the dough out, and mixed vanilla flavored Chobani with butter in a bowl. I used the Greek yogurt instead of using soooo much butter.
I am a BIG fan of nutmeg, so I did include nutmeg with the sugar, cinnamon mixture.
Then pat down the sugar in the butter/Greek yogurt mixture, and carefully roll out dough completely. Then cut 1 1/2 to 2 inch for each roll.
You should have about 16 rolls, you will put 8 rolls in each 9-inch greased pan.
They only have to bake for about 25-30 minutes, of course depending on your oven.
You can use your favorite flavor of Chobani for your glaze on the cinnamon rolls. I decided to try the new lemon flavored Chobani, WOW…YUM!!!
They really didn’t last long either!!
Lemony Delicious Vanilla Cinnamon Rolls Recipe:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Makes about 16 rolls
1 envelope of dry active yeast
¼ cup warm water
2 Tbsp sugar
1 cup milk/almond milk
¾ cup Greek yogurt, or two 6oz pkgs of vanilla Greek yogurt
¼ cup unsalted butter melted
½ tsp salt
4 ½ cups of flour
1 Tbsp cinnamon
½ cup unsalted butter softened
6 oz cup of vanilla Greek yogurt
1 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp cinnamon
1-2 tsp nutmeg
6 oz cup of lemon Chobani Greek yogurt
½ – 1 cup confectioner sugar
2 Tbsp milk/almond milk
1. First, take ¼ cup of lukewarm water (100-110 degrees F,) mix in dry yeast, and sugar, mix around and let site for about five minutes. Next, melt butter and sit aside to cool. Then, in large mixing bowl, place flour in first, then mix in salt, yeast, and water mixture. Mix in Greek yogurt, milk, butter, and cinnamon. If you need more moisture, add more milk.
2. Bring dough together into a ball, knead the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes. The dough is not as soft as normal cinnamon rolls, but will soften. Let sit in warm area for about 1 ½ hours. It will not rise that much, because the dough is more dense.
3. Grease two 9-inch pie pans with butter, or spray oil, sit aside. Roll out dough to about ¼ inch. In separate bowl mix together softened butter, and vanilla Chobani. Spread butter/Greek yogurt mixture out on dough. In another separate bowl mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle on top of butter/Greek yogurt vigorously. Press down the brown sugar before rolling the dough.
4. Roll the dough, cut 1 ½ to 2 inch for each roll, place 8 rolls in each greased pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
5. Let cool on rack. Make glaze – mix in small bowl 6 oz cup of lemon Chobani Greek yogurt, ½ cup of confectioner sugar, and 2 Tbsp of milk/almond milk. You can enjoy warm, pour glaze over rolls. You can add more confectioner sugar to help thicken the glaze more.