Sweet Corn + Blueberry Chobani Greek Yogurt = HEAVEN! I just wanted to share that with you.
While taking a drive up to Johnson City, TN for my work, we went through the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of NC. The scenery was wonderful, but even better…there was a Farmer’s Market. I found some fun food finds, AND fresh sweet corn. So my mind starting thinking about what I could make for a blogger recipe contest. On Fresh Supersweet Corn their recipe contest ends May 1st at 11:59pm. Nothing like being last-minute girl!
Well because we all know I adore Chobani, I immediately decided to use Blueberry Chobani Greek Yogurt. Why couldn’t sweet corn and blueberries be perfect together? I took a basic muffin recipe, Nelly from Cooking with Books let me know all the muffin recipes basically have the same ingredients. It is all about the add-ins you choose to make the muffin your own.
I believe we have number….drum roll please….22 of 52 ways to enjoy Greek Yogurt. In the next few weeks I am going to start working on my site, and changing some things around. The most important change will be an area you can go to, to see all the recipes I have created with Greek yogurt. I am excited to start making the changes, but my header is not going anywhere I promise!
The recipe does not contain eggs or milk. I always try to think of fun ways to make a recipe healthy, and still taste out of this world. When you use just Greek yogurt, and exclude eggs and milk, the food can look different. For cookies- really fluffy, and thick. The muffins they were not as fluffy, more dense looking.
So don’t be shy trying Greek yogurt, and don’t be worried if your food looks really different. Have fun exploring new ways to enjoy any of your favorite dishes.
Sweet Corn Blueberry Muffins:
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
3/4 cup of white sugar/pure cane sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup canola oil
1 cup blueberry Chobani Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup fresh corn diced finely, or pulsed a few times in food processor
1/2 cup fresh sweet corn
1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup oats
1/4 cup salted butter melted
2/3 cup fresh corn baked in oven
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Bake 2/3 cup of fresh corn on baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes, set it aside.
3. In large mixing bowl – mix sugar, oil, and Greek yogurt. Next, in small food processor pulse 1/2 cup of fresh corn to chop it finely. Then mix in fresh corn, and pureed fresh corn, and blueberries in mixing bowl.
4. In separate bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder, then add slowly to wet mixture.
5. For crumble, mix brown sugar, oats, and baked corn together well. Melt butter, and add to crumble mixture.
6. Spray muffin pan with oil or butter spray. Mixture makes 12 large muffins, or about 24 mini muffins. You can add a good portion of crumble on each muffin, or small amount. You will see it can make a bit of a mess, put a pan underneath the muffin pan to prevent the crumble from making a mess in your oven.
7. The muffins will need to cook for about 45-50 minutes depending on oven. They look very messy, AND delicious! I actually had some extra crumble and set it aside. You could add the extra crumble in your Greek yogurt!!!
Remove carefully, and let cool, or enjoy warm.
What is your favorite way to enjoy fresh sweet corn?
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,