A few weeks ago I received a delicious package in the mail! I almost SQUEEEEE’ed with delight!
Zing Bars = YUM-O! Since I travel for my job, I love finding healthy, delicious treats for breakfast, or even just a fun snack.
There are six different flavors to choose from, and each one is designed with someone in mind. The Chocolate Coconut is gluten, soy and dairy free. Chocolate Peanut Butter is Gluten and Soy free. The Almond Blueberry is gluten and soy free. The Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip is gluten, soy and dairy free. The Cashew Cranberry Orange is gluten, soy and dairy free, and the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip is gluten and soy free.
My favorite was the Almond Blueberry, my hubbies favorite was the the Chocolate Peanut Butter! From Zing Bars, the Chocolate Peanut Butter is the top flavor pick
The bars are made with organic, all natural ingredients such as almond butter, rice protein concentrate, tapioca syrup, brown rice crisps, and many more wonderful ingredients!
From Zing Bars website – “The bars are, wheat and gluten free, soy and corn free, 10-13 grams of protein, 3-6 grams of fiber, low glycemic ingredients,” and so much more.
Stand by to learn more about winning some of these delicious bars, but first I decided to share a fun recipe!
I found a healthy mousse recipe awhile back, and love enjoying this rich, creamy treat. A few weeks ago my dear friend EA from The Spicy RD made the chocolate mousse, and shared it on her site! Since the bars are very healthy, and some are dairy free. I needed to make a treat that was also dairy free.
Just in time for the holidays!
- ¾ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp of sugar
- 12 oz (3/4 of pkg) extra firm tofu
- 1 (15oz) can of pumpkin
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- About 1 cup water
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate with sugar.
- In blender, blend tofu (you may need some water to help in blending the tofu,) add melted chocolate and continue mixing, you may need some water again to help puree the mousse.
- In medium bowl, add pumpkin, and pureed chocolate tofu mixture, and pumpkin pie spice, mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
I decided to have fun and add a zing bar to the treat! I added the oatmeal chocolate chip bar, a sweet chocolatey bar. A perfect compliment to the sweet chocolatey mousse!
Who wants to win some of these fun bars? Well one lucky winner will win one of each flavor, YAY!!!
Here are the different ways you can enter – (Make a comment for each one, it will give you more chances to win!)
1. Share your favorite healthy dessert in the comment below. 2. Head on over and “like” my Cafe Terra Facebook page. 3. “Like” the Zing Bars Facebook page. 4. Follow CafeTerraBlog on Twitter. 5. Follow Zing Bars on Twitter. 6. Bonus – follow my blog by joining my Google Friend Connect on the right side of the page. I will announce the winner in a week, Good Luck!
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,