Who needs pumpkin pie when you can have banana split cake? Okay, okay, we NEED pumpkin pie still….well, at least my family does!
Last Friday my heart was feeling some sadness, I was trying to think of a perfect pick-me -up. Then it came to me, Banana Split Cake! Growing up, I remember always asking my Mom to make this cake. It was always the same thing, Mom: “what should I make for so and so’s event,” Me: “Banana Split Cake!”
I mean seriously, who can resist this? Warning – There are no healthy items in here at all, AND I am totally okay with that.
I have to say, my heart is still sad, but the cake did make me feel a wee bit better! About 18 years ago I found the sweetest kitten, and a funny story, but we named him Paco!
After an unfortunate complication, a week ago he went home to the spirits. He was with me 18 years, basically… half of my life. I actually adopted him about eight months before I started dating my husband. So like my husband said, he predates him!
My home feels lonely, and empty at times. He was my companion, my best friend, and someone who came and took care of me when I was sick, sad, or lonely. We were blessed to have him in our lives! So this week I will be making cake to celebrate his amazing 18 years with us. I hope you will come and join in the fun celebration virtually! Paco loved people, and was gentle to kids and other animals.
Okay no more sadness, only happiness…does this help?
I thought it would!
Here is the fun recipe! I already have fun ideas to change it up, so have fun and be creative with the recipe:-)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1¼ sticks butter, melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 large can crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup sugar
- Chocolate syrup
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Mix together graham cracker crust and 1¼ sticks of butter. Press out in pan.
- In mixer, mix together powdered sugar, 2 sticks of butter, vanilla, and eggs. Pour on top of graham cracker crust.
- Spread out crushed pineapple on top of sugar mixture, then add sliced bananas. I added cherries next for fun.
- In mixer, add heavy cream and mix on medium high until soft peak. When almost completed, add ½ cup sugar. Spread whipped cream over top of bananas. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, (I waited 1 hours and it was fine.)
What is your favorite extremely unhealthy dessert/treat/meal?
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,