Come celebrate with me! Let’s enjoy some cake together!
A few weeks ago my sweet boy went home to the spirits. Paco was 18 years old, such a beautiful age. So I decided let’s celebrate 18 beautiful years with cake. I found fish pans even! If you want to make a cake for him, I will share it on my blog! He would love all the cake, celebration, party, and all around fun!
The holidays make me happy, especially because we can add cranberries in everything we make! A few weeks ago I made a stuffing with pumpkin and cranberries, it was a gluten free dish. Today I made gingerbread with whole cranberries!
The fun part to this recipe, I included Chobani Greek Yogurt, and excluded eggs. The cake came out so moist and fluffy!
The cranberry really compliments the gingerbread cake, with the sweet and tart flavors. Hubby and I agreed that Paco would’ve loved the cake, even Ode’ the puppy agreed! Paco always had to try what we were eating, he was kinda like our second puppy.
The Gingerbread Cranberry Cake recipe was adapted from Nigella Lawson.
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon raw pure honey
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda, dissolved in 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole cranberries
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsps almond milk
- 1 pkg of vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease Bundt pan with butter, and coat with thin layer of flour.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter along with the sugar, honey, molasses, ginger, and cinnamon, let cool. Add the milk, Greek Yogurt, and baking soda in its water.
- Measure the flour out into a bowl and whisk in the liquid ingredients slowly, whisking until very well mixed (it will be a very liquid batter). Pour it into the pan and bake for 55 minutes until risen and firm. Be careful not to overcook it, as it is nicer a little stickier, and anyway it will carry on cooking as it cools.
- When cake is cool, add the icing. Whisk the almond milk into the powdered sugar, and vanilla sugar mixture. You want a good, thick icing, so go cautiously and be prepared not to add all the milk. Drizzle over the cake, and enjoy!
Remember, if you make a cake for Paco, let me know!
What is your favorite cake?
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,