It is almost time, time to celebrate with family, and enjoy delicious food together! Are you looking for some last minute dessert ideas? Well look no further!
A few weeks back I made the Savannah Cheesecake Cookies at the cafe. That was my first time attempting any cheesecake recipe in my life. It was a fun recipe, and really quite delicious:-)
Then after enjoying my first attempt at a cheesecake, it was in my blood, I had to try to make more….I had to!!! I wanted to make the cheesecake with Chobani though, why not shake things up a bit, right?
The cheesecake WAS going to be made with Bailey’s Irish Cream…..BUT we discovered our stores to buy alcohol were all closed on Sunday. So my hubby and I put our heads together and thought…. the Light bulb popped in his head first, “what about hot chocolate and peppermint?”….AND it went from there.
I adapted the recipe from a couple different recipes, and then took my own spin on it!
- Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp crushed peppermint candy
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 cups almond milk
- Chocolate Crust
- 2 cups ground chocolate cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- Cheesecake Filling
- 2 ¼ cups chobani
- 2 (8oz) pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 5 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup peppermint hot chocolate
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 10 inch spring form pan. Wrap foil around bottom of pan, some of the filling could leak out when cooking..
- For hot chocolate – In medium bowl mix together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, salt, cornstarch, sugar, and peppermint candy. Heat in large pot almond milk, slowly whisk in chocolate mixture and chocolate chips, whisk until it has a smooth, delicate appearance. (I made extra hot chocolate for a treat while enjoying the cheesecake.)
- For crust – In food processor, grind finely the chocolate cookie. In a ziploc bag, crush peppermint candies. Place crushed peppermint candy in ground chocolate cookie, pulse a few more times in food processor. In a medium bowl, mix together ground chocolate cookie with butter and sugar. Press cookie crust out in spring form pan, up around sides also. Bake crust for 9 minutes, at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For filling – In food processor, mix cream cheese until creamy, mix together cream cheese and Chobani Greek Yogurt, add in sugar and mix well, add in one egg at a time and mix well, then add in peppermint hot chocolate and vanilla.
- Place chocolate chips around bottom of chocolate peppermint crust, pour in cheesecake filling. Place cheesecake on sheet pan to bake, place in oven, add water to sheet pan just until it covers bottom of pan. A water bath will help cook the cheesecake evenly.
- Bake cheesecake for 1 hr and 30 minutes. It will depend on oven, bake until there is no jiggle in center of cheesecake.
What is your favorite flavor of cheesecake?
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,