Did you ever think you could put the words “kinda healthy” in the same sentence as doughnuts?
If you do not have a doughnut pan yet, I highly recommend one! They will change your life, I am not kidding!
The question that was shared at CafeTerraBlog was, which flavor doughnut do you make first? Wellllllll…I decided that this was a perfect opportunity to share the coconut peanut butter I received from Tropical Traditions. I have been meaning to share the product, but my schedule got a little crazier then I planned. So to kick off the New Year right, I am sharing a recipe that has no guilt. Okay, Okay, so it has a bit of guilt, but not as much as when you go to a doughnut shop!
The coconut peanut butter was perfect in the recipe, not over powering with peanut butter flavor. For someone that may not enjoy loads of peanut butter (like me,) you will love this recipe!
Here is the recipe adapted from the King Arthur Flour.
- 1 cup cake flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, spray pan with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl mix together olive oil, water, and eggs until foamy.
- In small bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix together the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Mix in the coconut peanut butter.
- Fill doughnut cups ½ full, bake for 10-12 minutes.
- For glaze be creative - I did a chocolate glaze, with ⅓ cup melted chocolate, 1 cup powdered sugar, and add heavy cream until glaze is creamy enough to dip doughnut into it.
Honestly, we loved it!!!! It is really full of flavor, and the coconut gives the peanut butter another fun dimension of flavor.
I wanted to stir it together, because the natural peanuts can appear dry. So I took all the contents out of the jar, and stirred it up. Then it was a perfect creamy texture.
I think I want to make some puppy chow and rice krispie treats with the peanut butter next!
Tropical Tradions has a Affiliate Program for bloggers. Here is a chance to try the delicious Tropical Traditions products, and share your experience.
I have tried the Coconut Oil:
The Coconut Flour:
Both Coconut Oil and Coconut Flour:
Be sure to check out the affiliate program for a chance to win $25.00 voucher for each new customer you refer to Tropical Traditions. You can also receive a free copy of the virgin coconut oil book.
Disclosure – All the words are my own opinion, and thoughts. I was given the product to review, and asked to share about the affiliate program.
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,