“May you have warm words on a cold evening,
A full moon on a dark night,
And the road downhill all the way to your door.” ~Irish Toast
First, I want to say thank you to all my friends and family! Your birthday wishes, and sweet words today on Twitter and Facebook mean the world to me! I am so blessed to have such a beautiful family of friends!!!! I want to send a HUGE virtual hug your way:-)
You may be wondering what is TerraFest2012? A fun birthday celebration! My hubby and I believe that a birthday should be celebrated longer than one day. One time we had my birthday celebration for almost a month (because of family and friends that visited!)
This year TerraFest2012 will be a week long. I will be getting some new kitchen gadgets, and a beautiful camera this week, WOO HOO!!!
Today I was in the mood for something different then the traditional birthday cake. Growing up my favorite cake was always banana cake. When I lived in Arizona, you could never find banana cake mix (this was before I really started baking much.) So my Mom would actually send me a banana cake box mix to make for my birthday sometimes. Now I love making homemade banana cake, and made a Banana Pudding Cake a few months ago.
This morning I woke up and decided I wanted banana doughnuts, still a fun splurge treat, but different from traditional cake! I adapted the recipe I used for my Coconut Peanut Butter Doughnuts.
- 1 cup cake flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 banana, mashed
- ½ cup strawberries, mashed
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, spray pan with cooking spray.
- If you have frozen strawberries, in small sauce pot on medium heat, warm the berries, then mash them. If you have fresh strawberries, use a small amount of sugar to soften them, and then mash them.
- In medium bowl mix together banana, strawberries, egg, canola oil, and water.
- In small bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix together the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Fill doughnut cups ½ full, bake for 10-12 minutes.
- For glaze I used – 1½ cups powdered sugar, 3-5 Tbsps half and half, 1 Tbsp natural honey.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!!!!
Do you see the bracelet on the right on the plate? My Mom made that gorgeous bracelet for me!!!! I just love it, it is so unique and beautiful:-)
Do you celebrate your birthday for longer then a day?
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,