Whew, it has been a whole week since I posted a blog. With a new full time job, this non-planner has to start planning….
So the planning started this weekend, I made enough goodies for four blogs! AND one of the recipes will be a long overdue savory dish, a fun Super Bowl recipe!
This week I am excited to share this recipe, AND the fun giveaway! If you take a peek up in the recipe tab, you will see my love for Chobani Greek Yogurt is VERY strong. I am well on my way to 52 ways to enjoy their delicious yogurt. This recipe excludes eggs, and uses 0% plain Chobani.
Why is this week lemon week? Well honestly, because I said so, LOL!!! Also because I picked up a big bag of lemons at Sam’s Club for a great deal, and decided to have some fun! I will share lemon pecan vegan muffins on Wednesday.
When I made this recipe on Thursday, in hopes of having the blog up on Friday…. Well you see that didn’t happen….
For the second time in my baking fun, I left the oven on broil instead of bake. I did it when I was making my rosemary black olive no-knead bread. Seriously, that is just a silly mistake!!! We have a system in the kitchen to ensure the oven stays on bake…..the system let me down:-)
So I salvaged the cake, and made more. I will always take more cake, I mean who wouldn’t, right?
The recipe is adapted from Our Sweet Lemons, Sweet Lemon Bread. We decided to call it cake, my hubby said it has more of a cake consistency, (could be the Greek yogurt.)
Sweet Lemon Cake Recipe:
- 1½ cups AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar + ⅔ cup for glaze on baked cake
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 cup plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- Juice of 1 large lemon + juice of 1 large lemon for glaze on baked cake
- 1½ tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter and lightly flour loaf pan. In small sauce pan, melt butter and let cool before mixing in with Greek yogurt.
- In small bowl, mix together flour, salt, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, zest of lemon.
- In medium bowl, mix together almond milk, Greek yogurt, melted butter, juice of one lemon, and almond extract.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients. Place in loaf pan, let bake for 45-50 minutes depending on oven.
- In small sauce pan, on medium heat cook together ⅔ cup sugar and juice of one lemon, let sugar dissolve. Poke holes with toothpick in baked cake, drizzle sugar lemon glaze on top of cake, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Okay, who is ready for a giveaway? I am sooooooo excited to share with you!
Have you noticed the new Chobani packaging? They have recipes on the side now, the Chobani Kitchen. If you are on Twitter you can use the hashtag #ChobaniKitchen.
Giveaway is closed!
Winner is Lisa from @ParsleynSage
Well I will be giving away all three of these beauties….not these containers, they are empty, HAHAHA!! You get your very own! I am sorry to many of my beautiful followers, the contest is open to only U.S. and Canadian residents. YUP you heard right my friends in Canada, you have Chobani officially on your grocery story shelves, WOO HOO!!!! You have 7 different ways to enter the giveaway, ( Let me know in separate entries how you entered.) 1. Tell me about a kitchen disaster you have experienced? 2. Follow CafeTerraBlog on Twitter. 3. Follow Chobani on Twitter 4. Like Cafe Terra on Facebook. 5. Like Chobani on Facebook. 6. Tweet about the giveaway, “I just entered to win 3 32oz containers of @Chobani at @CafeTerraBlog ‘s #giveaway You can too!” 7. Follow me on GFC (Google Friend Connect) or Networked Blogs, both widgets are on the right side of the screen.
I just wanted to share a couple pictures of my sweet babies (furry babies!) I had fun playing with my new Nikon d3100 today, I feel like a big girl with my big girl camera:-)
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat!