There are recipes you come across, that make you run to the kitchen and immediately start baking. This recipe did just that, and ended with a fun ChocolateLove Happy Dance!
If you love frosting as much as I do, keep the recipe the way it is shared. Otherwise, you may want to cut the frosting recipe in half. My first bite of the brownie….my teeth immediately started screaming at me! YES, this recipe is a serious SPLURGE dessert, so enjoy away!
I found this recipe the other day when at CafeTerraBlog Facebook page. I made a few changes, but for the most part the recipe is the same! Thank you to A Little Bit Crunchy A Little Bit Rock and Roll for this delicious recipe!
This made the perfect Super Bowl Sunday sweet treat!
- For the Brownies:
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Florida Crystals organic sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- ½ cup flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- For the Frosting:
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 10 ounces jar of maraschino cherries, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 teaspoons of maraschino cherry juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x11 inch pan.
- Drain the cherries and coarsely chop them. Spread them out on a paper towel to dry slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- Melt the butter in small sauce pan, take off heat, whisk in the milk chocolate chips until melted. Then whisk in the sugar and eggs. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter until fluffy, then mix in powdered sugar and extracts. Add the milk and maraschino cherry juice until it reaches a desired consistency. Fold in the chopped cherries.
- Frost the cooled brownies. Chill for 30 minutes and then cut into squares.
Well it is that time of the month, it is time for the Love Blog Hop! This month we are enjoying chocolate in all different ways, sweet or savory! There will be so many different ideas for you to choose from for this Valentines Day, or any day for that matter!
Please join in on the #chocolatelove fun by linking up any chocolate recipe from the month of February 2012. Don’t forget to link back to this post, so that your readers know to come stop by the #chocolatelove event! The twitter hashtag is #chocolatelove 🙂
Here are the hosts of the event –
A little bit of everything, Astig Vegan, Badger Girl Learns to Cook, Baker Street, Baking and Cooking, A Tale of Two Loves, Baking Extravaganza, BigFatBaker, Bon a croquer, CafeTerraBlog, Cake Duchess, Cakeballs, cookies and more, Cooking with Books, Creative Cooking Corner, Easily Good Eats, Elephant Eats, Georgiecakes, Hobby And More, Java Cupcake, Kitchen Belleicious, Mike’s Baking, Mis Pensamientos, No One Likes Crumbley Cookies, Oh Cake, Preheat the Oven, Rico sin Azucar, Savoring Every Bite, Simply Reem, Smart Food and Fit, Soni’s Food for Thought, Sprint 2 the Table, Teaspoon of Spice, That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!, The Dusty Baker, The More Than Occasional Baker , The Spicy RD, The Wimpy Vegetarian, Vegan Yack Attack!, Vegetarian Mamma, You Made That?