There is a trend here in the CafeTerraBlog kitchen, this recipe took me two tries….BUT I ended with some delicious bread! Remember last week, it took me two tries to get lemon curd right. Now I am huge lover of lemon curd, what a gorgeous treat!
Give me a bran muffin of any kind and I am a happy girl! The other day I found a mango berry bran muffin at Trader Joe’s, what a great flavor combo. The muffin was perfect with lemon curd slathered on top…..which got me thinking, lemon curd and bran…..
The first try, well I got a little excited about the blackberries I picked up at the store. I should’ve put only 1/2 of the package in the batter. So the blackberries went to the bottom, and the bread did not come out nicely. I had to share the mistake with you, though, because it tasted fantastic!
For the second try I used raisins instead, keeping more true to the original recipe. The recipe I adapted is from the recipe on the Hodgson Mill package.
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ cups unprocessed wheat bran
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cups raisins
- ⅓ cup lemon curd
- 1½ cups hot water
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a bread pan.
- In medium bowl, Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In separate medium bowl, combine wheat bran, raisins, lemon curd, and hot water and stir well. Add egg and vanilla and mix.
- Mix together the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Pour ingredients in a loaf pan, and bake for 60 minutes depending on oven.
I brought a recipe from the vault, and shared a guest blog over at Asian In America. I would love for you to stop by, and say hi to Betty Ann!
Do you enjoy bran muffins? What is your favorite bran muffin?
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,