The title of this post was changed several times….and if you could have been a fly on the wall with the conversation between my hubby and I! Let’s see, first here is some of the conversation:
Me: I think I should name this “Tower Of Penzance!” (But I prononuced it wrong, due to random fact #2 below)
Hubby: What did you say?
Me: Tower of Penzance
Hubby: It is Pirates of Penzance, and Tower of Pisa….
Me: Well alrighty then! What should we name it now?
Hubby: In a excited tone, and with a little dance, “BIG STACK OF PASSION!!!!”
So there you go, the name was born! We could have just said Corn Cakes with Passion Fruit Greek Yogurt….but that is soooooo yesterday!!!
I have been craving pancakes for like two weeks now. My hubby is not a big pancake fan, so I don’t make them much. This weekend I decided to go for it, and kick them up a bit. You know how much I love Chobani Greek Yogurt? You can see some of the recipes I have created with their beautiful yogurt here. I will be updating my recipes this week so you can see all the fun I have had with their products. A few weeks ago they sent me some samples of their new flavors. The passion fruit and blood orange flavor are nose-to-nose now as my favorite flavors!
For the pancakes, I used less milk and added in the Greek yogurt. The batter needed a little moisture so I added in some water too, so this recipe is “healthier” than the original one I had that included butter in the batter. I love in each bite of the pancakes you bite into a passion fruit seed, it was fun! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did the last two days.
The reason there is no syrup on my pancakes, is because I am not a fan of syrup. I like putting applesauce on my pancakes, but this weekend I dipped them in more of the passion fruit yogurt!
- ¾ cups AP flour
- ¾ cups masa
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup half and half (or any milk)
- 6 oz container of Passion Fruit Chobani Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg (or one more 6oz container of Chobani)
- In medium bowl - mix together milk, yogurt, water, and egg.
- In small bowl - mix together both flours, baking powder, and salt. Then mix with wet ingredients in medium bowl.
- Use a nonstick pan and heat to medium-low, lightly oil pan or use small amount of butter.
- Use a ½ cup, and place about ½ cup of batter on pan. If you have big enough pan, you can make more than one at a time. Let it cook until the dough side looks rough in appearance, and bubbles have pretty much stopped forming. Should take about 1 to 1½ minutes for each side.
As I continue to update CafeTerraBlog, I decided I would start sharing more about me. And share pictures of me, so you can get to know Cafe Terra!
What perfect timing, Sweet Ally tagged me in a post yesterday on Facebook. She awarded me with the Kreativ Blogger award. Here is Ally’s post on random facts about her, I was tired out after reading hers, LOL!
So I decided this was a perfect time to share some facts about me.
1. Before I had my career in food, I was working on a career in broadcasting. I worked as a disc jockey for two radio stations in Michigan. My dream was to work as a disc jockey in New York City….NOW I want to do something food-related in New York City!
2. My parents discovered after I was born I had a severe hearing impairment. It continues to worsen every year. My parents taught me when I was learning to talk, to read their lips. I now can read lips beautifully. I remember when my parents were watching a movie, and could not figure out what an actor was saying. They called me into the room to figure it out.
3. I love tattoos, and if I had my way would have so many more. I have 8 right now! I am working towards getting a tattoo of my late cat Paco, he will be in black and white, with green eyes on my arm!
4. I chose to not have kids, my furry babies are my kids. I am a big supporter of rescuing animals. All of my animals have been adopted. Juno- the neighbors across the street moved, and left her behind. Ode’ (pronounced – O-Day – which means “from the road”) I found wandering in the desert when I was working. Tuki- I adopted from a rescue group, his litter had been left in a dumpster. Paco was adopted from the Humane Society. I even adopted an Egyptian Spiney Mouse from the Humane Society. Rescue- Opt To Adopt!!!!
5. I was in an accident in Michigan with my Ford Ranger, I slipped on black ice. I flipped my pick-up truck upside down in a ditch. I only injured my pinky.
6. I wrote a children’s book in my Senior year of high school, I did the illustration and all. I would love to publish it someday….wink, wink, wink!
7. I am not a fan of reality tv, BUT I am addicted shows such as Burn Notice, Charmed, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Sliders, 24, Supernatural….the list could keep going I guess!
8. I am not a patient person, which is bad sometimes.
9. I do not like chocolate really, I eat it…..but I really don’t love it. I know, I know, your all are thinking I am crazy! I may be…..
10. Maybe the most fun I have had as a food auditor was when I audited a huge amusement park in California, and a swanky hotel in Las Vegas. At the swanky hotel I met a chef and chocolatier who had won awards on Food Network, Chef Vincent! (He won the chocolate dress challenge on Food Network.)
I know that we are only supposed to tag six bloggers, but I am adding in a bonus name because I love her!
I hope they all share a little about themselves, they are all truly fantastic! Thank you again Ally for the award, it means so much to me!
Do you like pancakes? What is your favorite way to eat pancakes?
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,