A few weeks ago I found a recipe, and had to immediately make it! Do you remember those fun Cherry Cordial Brownies? Well it happened again, I found a recipe from the fantastic Hobby and More! She made Banana Oat Cashew Quick Bread Bars, they are vegan….AND I am in love with them!!! I changed the recipe to make it my own, so make sure to check out her version too….because two versions is always better than one right?
I decided to use more quinoa, along with adding in some wheat bran and ground flax seed. These bars are a perfect start to any morning! With my traveling job, I am always looking for healthy treats to travel with. These bars are fun, tasty and really filling…PERFECT!! The quinoa bars can be made with any nut butter you have in your house, just top them with the nut butter and banana or apple slices.
If you have never had quinoa, or are wondering what it is… Check out Cooking With Books most recent post on what this superfood really is, and she shares a couple fun recipe too!
|Quinoa Banana Nut Quick Bread Bars|
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 9 inch pie pan.
- In small bowl, mix together flour, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and baking powder.
- In medium bowl, mash banana, mix in peanut butter and mix well. Mix in wheat bran, flax seed, quinoa, sugar, vinager, and almond milk.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients. Pour batter into greased pie pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes depending on oven.
Cook 1/2 cup quinoa in about 1 cup water. Cool the quinoa, and add 1/3 cup of the cooked quinoa to the recipe.
If you are looking for a other ways to enjoy quinoa, here are few recipes I created:
What is your favorite way to enjoy quinoa?
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,