I am writing this from my hotel room in Chicago….well actually my suite! I love my job! This week will be a busy week, so I have a couple lovely bloggers that will be coming over to CafeTerra to share a special treat with you all! On Wednesday Helene from Masala Herb will be here, and Saturday Ally from Ally’s Kitchen will pop in. This week is going to be fun!
Since I was able to make these fun muffins in advance, it will be easy to share everything with you today! Although…..that would rock if I could make these muffins here in my hotel room. May be better then the continental breakfast….
This quinoa lovin’ – Chobani Greek Yogurt junkie has done it again! I had left over cooked quinoa, a few cups of wheat bran left, an over-ripe banana…..so Strawberry Banana Quinoa Bran Muffins sounds like the perfect treat to make, right?
The muffins are so moist, packed full of flavor, AND no eggs or butter in the recipe! I put four of the muffins in the freezer for when I get back home. I did keep the other muffins in the refrigerator, with the Greek yogurt this food safety lady….well needs to be safety girl!
I used the large muffin pan, and this recipe made nine muffins. With a regular muffin pan, it may make up to 18 muffins.
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large banana mashed
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup cooked quinoa
- 6 oz container strawberry banana Chobani Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ cup finely chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease Muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In small bowl – mix together all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt. Mix chopped strawberries in flour.
- In small bowl – mix together wheat bran and hot water.
- In medium bowl – mix together mashed banana, brown sugar, sugar, strawberry banana Chobani Greek yogurt, and cooked quinoa. Mix together flour mixture, wheat bran mixture, and wet mixture.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups about ¾ full. Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on oven.
I love bran muffins, but these muffins are sooooo much better! I really enjoyed the crunch the cooked quinoa offered in every bite.
I have some breaking news to share with you….this is huge too! Do you remember at the lemon party, when I said I can never get a picture of my sweet puppy Ode’? WELLLLLL…..I took a picture when she wasn’t looking….SUCCESS!!!
What is your favorite way to eat quinoa? Have you baked with quinoa yet?
Until next time, Come on in, Have a seat,