Good Morning, Afternoon, or Evening! Wherever you are, a breakfast muffin is a perfect treat really anytime of the day! I shared this fun treat over at the lovely Bakeaholic Mama’s beautiful blog! I was trying to decide what to shmear on the muffin this morning….yes I just said “shmear”….and totally forgot I had chocolate whipped honey still left. Thank goodness I still have a couple muffins, there is always tomorrow!
Now I had to share, but I know you can see it too! Thank you to the talented Cherry On Top Blog Design, my sidebar is all cleaned up. I am so excited for the new additions to my blog, and the little coffee cup social media buttons are just too precious!
Here is the recipe for the Fun muffins! I added milk to the recipe, somehow my muffins were a bit dry, BUT tasted wonderful! You could add 1/4 milk, or only add 1 1/2 cups of flour. The recipe is for five large muffins. It will probably make 9-12 regular muffins, and you will only need to bake them for about 15-20 minutes.
- ¼ cup chocolate whipped honey (sub with regular honey or ½ cup sugar)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbsp flax seed meal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Chop strawberries finely.
- In medium bowl - mix together chocolate whipped honey, eggs, sugar, cooked quinoa, 1 tsp vanilla, olive oil, almond milk.
- In small bowl - mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, flax seed meal, chocolate chips, and strawberries.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. Fill muffin cups ¾ full. Bake for 25-30 minutes for large muffins depending on oven.