I know, I know, this is WAY too long of title….BUT seriously, I couldn’t leave any flavor out, every flavor was that wonderful in this recipe. There is some serious apple love happening here too!!!
A few weeks ago I was sent a couple samples of Planters NUTrition Peanut Butter mixed with wholesome ingredients. The two flavors I received are cinnamon raisin peanut butter, and berry nut peanut butter, the other flavor that is available is banana granola nut. The NUTrition Energy-Mix Peanut Butter contains 6 grams of protein per serving, and vitamins & minerals.
Trying to decide what to make with each nut butter was the tricky part. I wanted to make a treat that would also be a fun traveling snack. Bran muffins are my favorite. I don’t know what it is about them, but I just love everything about a bran muffin. So incorporating peanut butter seemed like a perfect addition to a delicious bran muffin. AND a perfect snack that would provide protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
When my hubby took a big spoonful of the cinnamon raisin NUTrition energy-mix peanut butter….he was instantly in love! He may say, “In love” is a bit much. BUT if your were there when he was enjoying his delicious spoonful….wellllll, trust me….he was sooooo “In Love!”
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 2 cups hot water
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 medium apple, diced
- ½ cup cinnamon raisin peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 6 oz container apple cinnamon Chobani
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix together wheat bran, hot water, and raisins, sit aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In medium bowl with wheat bran, mix in diced apples, cinnamon raisin peanut butter, brown sugar, white sugar, apple cinnamon Chobani, and vanilla. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Place muffin mix in muffin pan, fill muffin mix ¾ full. In a regular pan – bake muffins 15-20 minutes, depending on oven. In large muffin pan – bake muffins 25-30 minutes, depending on oven.
This muffin had a delicious peanut butter flavor. My hubby who is a peanut butter addict, said he did not feel it was too strong on peanut butter. So each flavor works perfectly together….especially with the delicious addition of apple cinnamon Chobani!
What is your favorite way to cook/bake with peanut butter?
Do you love bran muffins?
Disclaimer – I received the Planters NUTrition Peanut Butter from Planters, but all the opinions and thoughts are my own.