I know, I know, this is WAY too long of title….BUT seriously, I couldn’t leave any flavor out, every flavor was that wonderful in this recipe. There is some serious apple love happening here too!!!
A few weeks ago I was sent a couple samples of Planters NUTrition Peanut Butter mixed with wholesome ingredients. The two flavors I received are cinnamon raisin peanut butter, and berry nut peanut butter, the other flavor that is available is banana granola nut. The NUTrition Energy-Mix Peanut Butter contains 6 grams of protein per serving, and vitamins & minerals.
Trying to decide what to make with each nut butter was the tricky part. I wanted to make a treat that would also be a fun traveling snack. Bran muffins are my favorite. I don’t know what it is about them, but I just love everything about a bran muffin. So incorporating peanut butter seemed like a perfect addition to a delicious bran muffin. AND a perfect snack that would provide protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
When my hubby took a big spoonful of the cinnamon raisin NUTrition energy-mix peanut butter….he was instantly in love! He may say, “In love” is a bit much. BUT if your were there when he was enjoying his delicious spoonful….wellllll, trust me….he was sooooo “In Love!”
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 2 cups hot water
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 medium apple, diced
- ½ cup cinnamon raisin peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 6 oz container apple cinnamon Chobani
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix together wheat bran, hot water, and raisins, sit aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In medium bowl with wheat bran, mix in diced apples, cinnamon raisin peanut butter, brown sugar, white sugar, apple cinnamon Chobani, and vanilla. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Place muffin mix in muffin pan, fill muffin mix ¾ full. In a regular pan - bake muffins 15-20 minutes, depending on oven. In large muffin pan - bake muffins 25-30 minutes, depending on oven.
What is your favorite way to cook/bake with peanut butter?
Do you love bran muffins?
Disclaimer – I received the Planters NUTrition Peanut Butter from Planters, but all the opinions and thoughts are my own.