First, we must start off this blog post with a BIG HUGE Happy Birthday to my amazing niece!!! Six years ago my life changed, and for the better. My sweet Sophia has the most amazing spirit, and such a gorgeous smile! She makes you giggle, and gives the BEST hugs an Auntie could ask for. I hope her day is as amazing as she is, I love her tttttttthhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiisssssss MUCH!
Now time for a fun easy recipe, and uses another delicious flavor of the Planters NUTrition Energy Nut Butter. Do you remember the Apple Cinnamon Raisin Nut Butter Bran Muffins I made? I used the cinnamon raisin flavor in the bran muffins, BUT today I will be using the berry nut butter flavor.
This recipe is a perfect treat, snack, pick-me-up, and even a good breakfast choice. It is healthy, could be a raw recipe if you don’t cook the oats, and is a vegetarian recipe…..OH and EA from The Spicy RD will love this….it could easily be gluten-free (exclude wheat bran for more oats!) Honestly, when I made this recipe, I thought it would have been a great post-run snack. I was always looking for healthy, fun snack ideas during my running days. Now I look for recipes for when I travel…..AND so this could also be a good recipe for traveling. This recipe is good on so many levels, BONUS!!!
husband peanut butter addict, devoured both jars of the Planter’s NUTrition Energy Nut Butter. I know some people have stated they have not seen this nut butter yet in the grocery stores. It is definitely brand new, and I bet will be making its way to your local store VERY soon.
The recipe I created was inspired from a Pin I found on Pinterest from Smashed Peas and Carrots, here is her version of the fun recipe – No-Bake Energy Bites. I know mine look different then hers, so thought it would be fun to share both of the recipes for you. Here is my version!
- 1 cup prepared oatmeal (1/2 cup oats to make oatmeal)
- ½ cup Planter's NUTrition Energy Berry Nut Butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes
- ½ cup wheat bran
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup toasted almonds, diced
- May need ½-1 cup quick oats to thicken up bites.
- Prepare oatmeal as directed on package, using ½ cup old fashioned oats.
- In small sauce pan - Toast coconut flakes and sit aside. Toast almonds and sit aside.
- In medium bowl - Mix together prepared oatmeal, berry nut butter, honey, toasted coconut flakes, wheat bran, raisins, almond extract, and toasted almonds.
- Let mixture chill in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- If batter seems too soft to make into balls, add ½-1 cup quick oats to thicken mixture up.
- Prepare to get messy! With tablespoon, scoop out mixture, and roll it into a ball. Will make about 16-18 bites, depending on size of your bites.
- Store in refrigerator.
What is your favorite pick-me-up snack, or post-workout snack?
Do you love peanut butter as much as my hubby does?
Disclaimer – I received the Planters NUTrition Peanut Butter from Planters, but all the opinions and thoughts are my own.