Okay, first we have to start off with some fun news…..the winner of the Red Star Yeast PLATINUM giveaway I hosted!!!! I will be using this PLATINUM yeast again very soon, it was that wonderful!
Congrats to Megan (on Twitter as @Megans_Madness)
Let’s raise our glasses….OR our plates, since we are celebrating with a boozy cake today! There is a
little a lot of Grand Marnier in each element of this fun coffee cake!
When talking with a manager during a food safety audit this week, we were discussing alcohol. Random right? I don’t even know how the conversation started for that matter, but hey I learned something new….so BONUS! He was sharing about a spirit called B and B, apparently comparable to Grand Marnier. AND since we all are discovering today that I
love adore Grand Marnier. My goal now, to find some of this delicious alcohol…..AND maybe make another coffee cake….maybe!!!
When grocery shopping, I SQUEEE’d when I found cranberries in the produce isle. Cranberries are my all time favorite, and so this time of the year pretty much makes me do a little dance. My hubby is not a cranberry fan, so more for me WOO HOO!!! One of my favorite sides during Thanksgiving and Christmas is homemade cranberry relish/sauce. My grandma makes a rockin’ cranberry sauce, I will have to share it with you all this year! Be prepared for several cranberry recipes in the coming months!
- Streusel Top:
- ⅔ cup flour
- ⅔ cup Florida Crystals pure cane sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup cold butter
- Coffee Cake:
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⅓ cup almond milk
- ⅔ cup Grand Marnier
- 1 cup Florida Crystals pure cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Zest of two tangerines
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp fresh tangerine juice
- 2 tsp Grand Marnier
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease with cooking spray a 12 inch springform pan (or use a 9 x 13 inch square pan.)
- In medium bowl - mix together ingredients for streusel top - flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cold butter. Mix with hands, and break up butter, streusel top will be crumbly.
- In medium bowl - mix together coffee cake batter dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Sit aside.
- In medium bowl - mix together coffee cake wet ingredients - almond milk, Grand Marnier, sugar, eggs.
- Mix together wet and dry ingredients, add in zest of tangerine.
- In greased 12 inch springform pan, spread out half the batter, then add cranberries, next add half the streusel topping, then spread out remaining batter, and remaining streusel topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes, depending on oven. Let cool for about 20 minutes before adding glaze.
- For glaze - you want the glaze loose, so will run off sides of cake slightly. In small bowl, add 1 cup powdered sugar, then add 1 tsp Grand Marnier, and 1 tsp fresh tangerine juice, add more of each liquid if needed.
- Drizzle glaze on cake, and enjoy!
This cake was tasted tested by several people, and each one gave a thumbs up!!!! I kinda think I need to make more now, after looking at the pictures I am sooooo hungry!
What is your favorite holiday side dish?
Do you love cooking/baking with cranberries?
Cheers my friends, and congrats Megan!!!!