Is the month of December crazy busy for you too? I feel like it is hard to enjoy all the lovely things about the holiday with my insane work schedule. Soooooo, of course I am gearing up for my two four day weekends coming up, WOO HOO! I plan to make the sweet treats I promised family and friends…better late than never right?
Now this post says part two, but did you enjoy part one yet? Just in case you missed part one post, here is the link for the Biscoff cookie crumble, white chocolate, pomegranate craisin quinoa cookies! The cookies are full of flavor, delicious, and well “kinda healthy!”
Before I share the recipe, I thought I would share my AWESOME news! So my hubby works in television, he works for one of the local television stations here in Charlotte. The other day….this is how I remember our conversation going….
Hubby – “So guess who I get to meet?”
Me – “Who?”
Hubby hands me his phone, and the email he had just received….
Me – “Oh no, no, no….I have to meet her, you must find a way to let me meet her!”
Hubby – “I will see what I can do…”
Well I can honestly say this determined girl got her way, and truly did SQUEEEE with delight!
I am a huge fan of Rachael Ray, and have been for a very long time! I believe when I started watching Food Network, Rachael Ray was my most favorite show to watch. I love 30-minute meals, and also her show $40 dollars a day. I honestly miss her show being on all the time, and get excited when I find an episode when I am home relaxing.
She always seemed like the nicest person. Now I can confirm, she really is the nicest person, and so happy! AND I may or may not have also acquired her new cookbook/cocktail book….you will find out soon enough I promise!
Now for another version to the ever famous quinoa cookies. I say famous because Alison Sweeney shared my Butterscotch Craisin Quinoa Cookies a few weeks ago! So this favorite cookie instantly turned famous in my eyes! Since you all are chocolate lovers out there, we needed a chocolate version of the quinoa cookie!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup almond milk + 2 Tbsp
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa, sifted
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Quinoa should be rinsed before cooked/eaten. In strainer, rinse quinoa well. Place quinoa on a towel or cheese cloth, and squeeze out excess water from rinsed quinoa.
- In blender, add oats and rinsed uncooked quinoa and blend together. Sit aside.
- In medium bowl, add canola oil, brown sugar, vanilla, and almond milk, mix well.
- In small bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sifted cocoa.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients, next add the mixed quinoa and oats, and finally add the peanut butter chips.
- Use a tablespoon for each cookie, you can make them bigger or smaller if you choose. Bake for 8-10 minutes. The recipe makes about 40 cookies depending on size of cookie.
Next post includes a bit of booze, you know how much I love baking/cooking with booze! I hope you are all having fun with your Christmas baking/cooking/shopping/wrapping/ and hopefully some relaxing too!
What sweet treats are you making for the holiday season?