About a year ago I made cheesecake for the first time, peppermint hot chocolate cheesecake. I am not sure why it took me so long to make a homemade cheesecake, they are sooooo delicious! Most cheesecakes only have cream cheese of course, BUT since I am a Chobani Greek Yogurt addict, mine also contains some creamy dreamy Greek yogurt.
Whenever I go to The Cheesecake Factory, the only cheesecake I can see on the menu…. banana cream pie cheesecake! I know there are others probably on that menu, but the only one that has my heart is the banana cream pie. Now that I have made my own version at home….well my waist line may hate me a little more….
This cake was specially made for sweet Nelly from Cooking with Books! NellyFest2013 is still taking place, and she deserves the best! This cake brought back lots of happy memories of my many delicious trips to Cheesecake Factory. I am so excited to finally enjoy a homemade version in the comfort of my home. Cheers to Nelly, Cheers to delicious cake, and Cheers to happy tummies!!!
- For Crust:
- 10 oz box of Teddy Graham Chocolate flavor crackers
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup melted butter
- For Cheesecake:
- 2½ cups 2% Plain Chobani Greek Yogurt
- 2 (16oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 2½ cups mashed bananas, about three bananas
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Three bananas sliced and placed on top of crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray 10 inch spring form pan with cooking spray. Cover bottom of pan and around the sides with foil.
- In food processor – grind finely the teddy graham chocolate crackers, mix in sugar, and slowly mix in melted butter until well combined.
- Spread graham cracker crumb mixture out evenly in spring form pan on bottom and around sides.
- In kitchenaid mixer or with hand mixer – mix together Greek yogurt, softened cream cheese, add in sugar, slowly add one egg at a time, make sure cheesecake batter is mixed well, add vanilla extract and mashed bananas, mix well.
- Place slice bananas on bottom of cheesecake pan on crust, pour cheesecake batter on top of sliced bananas. Place cheesecake on sheet pan to bake, place in oven, add water to sheet pan just until it covers bottom of pan. A water bath will help cook the cheesecake evenly.
- Bake cheesecake for 1 hr and 30 minutes. It will depend on oven, bake until there is no jiggle in center of cheesecake. After hour and half, turn off oven and let cheesecake sit in oven until the oven cools. Then place in refrigerator for up to six hours, or you can blast chill the cheesecake in freezer for about 2 hours.
I seem to keep eating my props……BUT it was soooooo good!
What is your favorite cheesecake?