Remember last week when I said things were finally getting back to normal? Yeah I believe I spoke prematurely…..here is what my already small kitchen looks like this weekend…. We had a leak under our dish machine, and well it made a good mess!
So this baker won’t be baking anytime soon. Once my kitchen and dining room are dry, the remodeling will begin. Today I have a fun post with my Sissy, then you will see a few guest posts from some wonderful bloggers who were so kind to come to my rescue!
I have shared many pictures of my Sissy’s daughter, now time to share someone very near and dear to my heart!
We are always told we look alike…..we both know that is sooooooo not true….but we are AWESOME!
Since I have a iPad for work, getting to do FaceTime with my family is pretty fantastic! Sissy wanted to make a specific granola treat, and wasn’t for sure what to add. I immediately thought about creating a recipe, and she could make it. Gosh isn’t technology great!!!! We seriously had some good laughs while baking virtually!
The wonderful thing about granola is you can make it to fit your taste buds. Sissy was obviously eating this treat, so we tailored it to what she enjoys. Oh have I mentioned she is a Chobani Greek Yogurt addict too? Yup we really are Sissys!
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- ¼ cup whole raw almonds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pomegranate flavor craisins
- ½ cup honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray, or grease with butter.
- In medium bowl - mix together oats, quinoa, almonds, sunflower seeds, craisins, honey, egg whites, cinnamon, ground flax seed, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Pour granola mixture in greased pan, spread out evenly, and bake for 20 minutes depending on oven.
- Cool quinoa granola, and break up in pan, or cut into bars. Top quinoa granola with delicious Greek yogurt.
I hope you enjoy our version of this delicious granola. We loved adding in the uncooked quinoa for a fun addition, we both kinda LOVE quinoa!
What is your favorite way to make granola, do you add in any special ingredient?