Do you hear that? What you can’t hear fans running? That is all I hear in my sleep, when I eat, taking a shower, even in my car away from my home. True story!
So the repair guys for the leak in my kitchen are a bit baffled….when your repair guy is baffled you should be afraid….VERY afraid! Our one wall is still wet, and STILL has a fan on it…….AAAHHHHHHH!!! My hubby and I dislike the sound of fans after a VERY long week surrounded by the helpful things. That is my rant for the week! So no more grumpy words…..now for happiness! I have another special guest for you! I am full of special treats during this crazy time!
Okay no kitchen, no baking, AND now I have to travel to El Paso, TX for the week for a high-priority trip to get some last-minute work completed. My pour sweet blog was going to feel all alone, but not anymore, no siree! When I started blogging in 2010, I fell in love with a few blogs. Today one of my blog addictions is here to share an OH MY WORD
delicious addicting recipe!
If you have not met Kate from Diethood, you truly are missing out! She is funny, her photography inspires me, and her recipes make me hungry! She truly is a kind soul, and someone I adore! I hope you enjoy her recipe as much as I did…..I especially love all the garlicky cheesy love in each biscuit!
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kate, and I am the author and wannabe baker behind the blog, Diethood. I am SO thrilled to be here! Terra is one of the sweetest, most supportive bloggy friends that I have. She truly is a treasure, and I am so grateful to her for the incredible support that she has given me. I was so happy to see a message from her inviting me to do a guest post for her because this is one of the very few ways that I can show her my appreciation.
Considering Terra’s background in nutrition, I thought I better make something worthwhile. Throwing together a few marshmallows on top of brownies may not work here at Cafe Terra. But, Garlic and Cheddar Drop Biscuits from scratch should make the cut. I hope!
For the reason that these biscuits are so addictive, I try not to make them too often. I make them a couple of times a month on the weekends. My husband and I can kill this entire batch in one sitting with a side of Oven Baked Feta Cheese Dip. We have done that on more occasions than I’d like to admit.
These biscuits taste best when served warm. However, if you are going to serve them with a side of that delicious Feta Dip, let the biscuits completely cool and dig into the hot dip, one scrumptious biscuit at a time.
- For the Biscuits:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons butter, cold, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup 2% milk
- For the Topping:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the chunks of butter.
- Using a fork, cut the butter into the flour until it is coarse, and the butter is thoroughly mixed in with the flour mixture.
- Pour in the oil and stir in the grated cheddar cheese and milk; mix until well combined and holds together. If it seems too dry, or if you can see raw flour, add a bit more milk – about a tablespoon at a time.
- Using a spoon, drop portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Use an ice cream scoop for larger, dinner-sized biscuits.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In the meantime, combine butter and garlic powder in a small bowl and microwave until melted.
- Take out the biscuits and brush each biscuit with the garlic butter. Brush repeatedly until you have used up all the butter.
Again, thank you, Terra, for inviting me over and allowing me to share these crazy-delicious biscuits with your readers. It really was a pleasure to be here! If any of you would like to connect, please hop over to my blog, Diethood, and say HI! You can also find me on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, or Google +. I’m all over the place!
I highly recommend you stop by and say hi to Kate, she is fantastic! Thank you so much sweet Kate, it means so much to me that you stopped by! Sending big hugs your way!!!