For a majority of my birthday celebrations banana cake was always my number one choice. Since I started my blog in 2010, I have tried other cakes and even doughnuts. So this year it was time to shake things up, and end my thirties in style. Who needs cake or ice cream, when you can have a Chocolate Sundae Cocktail!! This cocktail includes chocolate, nuts, fruit, and dairy, just like you crave in a sundae!
My thirties did not start on a bright note. For my thirtieth birthday, the year to kick off adulthood in my eyes- I had to celebrate the special day away from husband, while I worked on completing my Dietetic internship. Then half way through my thirties I had a few medical hicups that caused me to think about life in a new way. Now at 39, I realize that the last four years have been beautiful. Thirty started off rocky, but through determination, and love, thirty will go out with a bang!!!
You could make this recipe stronger. Maybe add vodka, or chocolate liquor, or even a coffee liquor. However, since I was by myself when taking photos, four glasses needed to be enjoyed…..no need to waste good liquor. So I can honestly say, this drink is for sure plenty strong enough!
- For hot chocolate:
- Make 16 oz of your favorite hot cocoa (dark chocolate preferred)
- For cocktail:
- 4 shots (8 oz) hot chocolate
- 4 shots (8 oz) Frangelico (hazelnut liquor)
- 2 shots (4 oz) Chambord (raspberry liquor)
- 2 shots (4 oz) maraschino cherry juice
- To garnish cocktail:
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Chocolate icing to coat glass
- Chocolate bar to grate over whipped cream
- Make the hot chocolate and let it cool.
- In a cocktail shaker, or enclosed container, add ice, add cocktail ingredients and shake well.
- Line martini glass with chocolate icing, add shaken cocktail, top with whipped cream, and cherry.
Here are a couple birthday recipes shared at CafeTerraBlog – Strawberry Banana Doughnuts for TerraFest2012, Marnely made a Tamarind Maple Cocktail for TerraFest2013, AND I made Marnely a Banana Cream Pie Cheesecake for NellyFest2013!
This year I will enjoy saying goodbye to my thirties. So Here’s to an amazing year! AND cheers to kickin’ this birthday in style!