Cheesy happiness, also known as homemade lasagna! This recipe will include four different kinds of cheese, and mix in my favorite meat choice. Growing-up my family made most recipes with venison. Venison, pasta, cheese, and tomato sauce are pretty rockin’ together!
When I was trying to write a little something for you, my mind felt a wee bit blank. So I relaxed and a caught a few episodes of my favorite show on Netflix. Then Huzzah….my mind was not blank anymore!
This recipe, like the show I was watching is my favorite. See, Buffy The Vampire Slayer is my all-time favorite show on tv EVER! Or Footloose (the 1984 one with gorgeous Kevin Bacon,) is my top movie choice. Is it bad that I can recite almost all the lines in Buffy and Footloose…..even when they are not on?
Lasagna recipes are family favorites, everyone has there own spin on this elegant dish. Like my favorite movie, or TV show, I created a recipe that is my family’s favorite. My husband used to call this dish…..OKAY….he still does….”My World Famous Lasagna!”
Although it is not necessarily world famous, it is still a favorite……AND delicious!! If you have never tried venison, I highly recommend the lean meat. My friend the other night said it perfectly, with the cheese and other ingredients, the venison compliments this recipe perfectly!
On social media, some of my followers asked for some easy recipes. This recipe looks and sounds elegant, but is truly easy to make. One bowl to mix cheeses, one pan to brown venison, and then assemble away!
- 24 oz. Cottage cheese
- 15 oz. Ricotta cheese
- 6 cups (3 bags) Shredded mozzarella cheese (use 1 bag (2cups) in cheese mixture)
- ½ cup Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3-6 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb Venison (or beef) (add salt and pepper when browning venison)
- (2) 24 oz. jars Marinara sauce
- (2) 12 oz boxes of lasagna noodles, un-boiled
- 1½ cups (1 bag) Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl - mix together 24 oz cottage cheese, 15 oz ricotta cheese, 2 cups (1 bag) mozzarella cheese, diced onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- In medium sauce pan, brown ground venison, add salt and pepper.
- In a 9 x 13 pan, or large lasagna casserole dish, cover bottom of pan with marinara sauce, add a layer of dry lasagna noodles, next add cheese mixture, ground venison, and marinara sauce. Add two more layers. End with layer of noodles, top with sauce, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 1 hour 20 minutes, depending on oven.
- When you serve dish, top with fresh shredded Parmesan cheese.