Cold weather calls for warm Cozy Tortellini Soup. It seems that everyone, everywhere are dealing with cold temperatures. Even here in the South everyone is preparing for the “possibility” of snow. No joke, people actually stock up on food when the meteorologist reveals snow “may” make an appearance.
This recipe is so easy to make, AND the best part….it really only takes 30 minutes to make from start to finish! I was a bit concerned sharing such an easy recipe here on my my blog, but many of my social media followers asked me to share away. This recipe has actually been made many times in the last 17 years.
When my hubby and I got married almost 17 years ago, one of our gifts was a lovely cookbook from my in-laws. The cookbook is packed full of delicious recipes, but this one recipe is the one that is near and dear to our hearts. We have augmented the recipe, and we really just go on memory to make it every time now.
- 10 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- (2) 9 oz pkgs tortellini
- (2) 14.5 oz cans stewed tomatoes
- (1) pkg frozen chopped spinach
- Salt, optional
- Pepper, to taste
- Garnish with shredded parmesan cheese
- Serve with crusty bread
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in large stock pot.
- When the stock starts to boil, add stewed tomatoes.
- Bring stewed tomatoes and stock back to a boil, then add frozen chopped spinach. Let the soup come back to a boil and let the spinach break up.
- Bring soup to a simmer and add tortellini, let cook for 8 - 10 minutes.
I plan to add a catagory in my recipe index for easy recipes. We all need a little relief in the kitchen with our busy weekday schedules. What is fun about easy recipes, is they can still be elegant and truly fun to make.
What is your favorite easy recipe to make?