Chocolate happiness in a pan, that was the alternate name! A few weeks ago I shared my Spicy Chocolate Scones with Ghost Pepper Honey. Now this week let’s enjoy a pan of brownies with this spicy honey drizzled on top. The brownies are soft, fudgy, and a chocolate lover’s dream! Grab a glass of milk and enjoy some Spicy Brownies with Ghost Pepper Honey!
This last week was C-R-A-Z-Y!!! So let me start with, we all know I am a Michigander right? So I am totally cool with snow, winter weather, and driving on ice, (well the latter I am not a big fan of actually!) Now that I have lived in the South for 19 years. To be exact, I lived in the Southwest for 15 years, and now the Southeast for four years. When you experience winter weather in the South, the world shuts down….literally! Well here in the Carolinas we had the worst snow storm they have seen in ten years. So I was home working, and catching up on movies. This storm was beyond beautiful, and safer to enjoy from the comfort of my home!
Spicy brownies on a winter day sound perfect to me! The spicy comes from the fabulous Ghost Pepper Honey made by Cloister Honey! Cloister honey is my favorite local honey, and the owners are beyond fabulous! They create a variety of different flavors of honey like bourbon honey, cinnamon whipped honey, chili infused honey, lemon whipped honey, vanilla infused honey, and they even have chocolate whipped honey!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ prepared coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Ghost Pepper Whipped Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double-boiler. For this recipe – take sauce pot, add about one inch of water to pan, place metal pan over sauce pot and turn stove to medium heat, melt chocolate and butter together, stir continually to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- In medium bowl – whisk together sugar and eggs for about two minutes, then mix together applesauce, coffee, vanilla, and melted chocolate.
- In small bowl – mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, then pour in greased pan.
- In small sauce pan or microwave, quickly melt the honey to loosen it up and then drizzle over brownie batter.
- Bake brownies for 25 minutes, depending on oven.