This burger brings together flavors that will explode in your mouth with each bite! The Southwestern flare comes from the addition of a delicious spicy meat called Chorizo. The spices used in Chorizo will fill this burger with unique flavors from the beginning of the bite all the way to the end. Adding an extra layer of spice with your toppings, then cool things down with a creamy corn avocado salsa. Get your grills fired up, it is time to devour a Spicy Southwestern Burger!
This month is Burger Month! A group of bloggers got together to share one burger recipe everyday in July. That is 31 delicious, and let me tell you amazing recipes just for you! To check out all the different burger recipes, stop by Girl Carnivore and prepare to leave hungry!
- For Burger:
- 1 lb ground beef
- ⅓ lb chorizo
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup tortilla chips, smashed into fine pieces
- For Corn Avocado Salsa:
- 1 corn on the cob, grilled
- 1 poblano pepper, roasted and skin removed
- medium onion, sliced, grilled
- 2 small avocados
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ancho chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For Burger Toppings:
- Sliced tomato
- Slices of cheddar cheese
- Poblano pepper, roasted, and skin removed
- For this recipe we used a propane grill set to high.
- For Burger:
In medium bowl, mix together burger, chorizo, egg, and tortilla chips smashed. Form into two large burgers, make an indentation in center of one side of burger to prevent burger from shrinking too much when grilled. Grill the way you like your burger.
- For corn avocado salsa:
First grill the corn on the cob till tender, about 15-20 minutes, then remove corn from cob. Grill the onion slices until tender, then dice onions. Roast one poblano until charred on all sides, place in bowl of ice water and quickly remove charred skin, then dice poblano pepper.
- In small bowl, mix together grilled corn, diced roasted poblano, diced grilled onion, diced tomato, cumin, garlic powder, ancho chili powder, and mashed avocados.
- The corn avocado salsa is perfect on the burger, or enjoyed after each bite to cool your mouth down.
- We topped our burgers with sliced tomato, sliced cheddar cheese, corn avocado salsa, and a big slice of poblano pepper.
A huge thanks to all of the fun bloggers who were just as inspired by a month of burgers as I was and the awesome companies that have donated prizes to #burgermonth , El Diablo Hot & Spicy Mustard, FireWire Grilling Skewers, Hamilton Beach, KitchenIQ, The Spice House, and Wisconsin Cheese