A basic bbq rub with a twist. This bbq rub is perfect on pork, poultry, beef, or even portobello mushrooms! The twist to this rub is incorporating mesquite bbq flavored The Good Bean roasted garbanzo beans. Time to fire up the grill and prep your favorite cut of meat with a Basic BBQ Rub!
In our home we love snacking on the different flavors of roasted garbanzo beans from The Good Bean. We have found that the roasted garbanzo beans grind up easily. Once the beans are ground up, they are perfect added to any sweet or savory recipe. I used the sweet cinnamon flavored garbanzo beans in my Homemade Apple Pie Crust. The options are endless, so get creative and throw some in your next recipe, or add to a hearty salad. I’ll be sharing some more recipes incorporating The Good Bean in the future posts.
This recipe is easy to prepare, and incorporates basic ingredients usually found in your pantry. We used this rub on two full racks of baby back ribs, and there was still some rub left over.
I travel a lot for my job, and I always take a package of The Good Bean for an afternoon snack. This tasty treat is not only full of flavor, it is a perfect protein source.
Here is my delicious Homemade Apple Pie with The Good Bean Sweet Cinnamon Crust.
- ½ cup Mesquite BBQ flavored The Good Bean, ground finely
- ½ cup salt
- 2 Tbsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp ancho chili powder
- ½ cup garlic powder
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Grind mesquite bbq Good Bean garbanzo beans in food processor or blender.
- In small bowl, mix together ground mesquite bbq garbanzo beans, salt, pepper, ancho chili powder, garlic powder, and brown sugar.
- Add to meat or store in sealed container in cool and dark location. Store for up to 14 days for complete freshness.
Disclaimer: I received products from The Good Bean, all the opinions and thoughts are my own.