What is Get Up and Grow! North American Tour? Get Up and Grow! Tour is spreading the good word about good eating… one city at a time. Dole’s brightly colored caravan will be stopping at 44 different locations in North America. One of the stops will be right here in Charlotte, NC between August 7-13. I’m honored to be the Charlotte blog ambassador for Dole fresh fruits and vegetables. This tour will be a fun-loving, energy-packed extravaganza with free recipes and samples, hands-on activities, and a whole lot more.
Scheduled Get Up and Grow Tour stops available to the public in the Charlotte area include the following:
- Friday, August 7 from 12pm to 3pm: Food Lion at 9021 Albemarle Rd., Charlotte, NC 28227
- Saturday, August 8 from 10am to 1pm: Food Lion at 3673 Concord Pkwy., South, Concord, NC 28027
- Saturday, August 8 from 3pm to 6pm: Food Lion at 1989 Cotton Grove Rd., Lexington, NC 27292
- Sunday, August 9 from 10am to 1pm: Food Lion at 3603 Groometown Rd., Greensboro, NC 27407
- Sunday, August 9 from 3pm to 6pm: Food Lion at 3935 Brian Jordan Place, High Point, NC 27265
- Monday, August 10 from 10am to 1pm: Food Lion at 1430 River Ridge Rd., Clemmons, NC 27012
- Monday, August 10 from 3pm to 6pm: Food Lion at 1650 E. Broad St., Statesville, NC 28625
- Wednesday, August 12 from 10am to 12:30pm: Food Lion at 2625 North Center St., Hickory, NC 28601
- Wednesday, August 12 from 3:30pm to 6pm: Food Lion at 20125 North Main Street, Cornelius, NC 28031
- Thursday, August 13 from 10am to 1pm: Food Lion at 8138 Mt. Holly Huntersville Rd., Charlotte, NC 28216
- Thursday, August 13 from 3pm to 6pm: Food Lion at 1918 Mt. Gallant Rd., Rock Hill, SC 29732
At each tour stop, visitors can also create and submit there own Get Up and Grow! Healthy Living Pledge. Each individual pledge will move you towards a healthier, plant-based diet for 2015 and beyond. All pledge takers can also enter the Pledge Rewards Program giving them the chance to receive weekly rewards throughout the Summer like free DOLE fresh fruits and vegetables.
Healthy eating is DOLE’s mission. Here are a few healthy recipes that will be available for sampling on the Charlotte tour: Grilled Romaine with Balsamic Glazed Strawberries, Spinach Avocado Hummus, Banana and Blue Breakfast Smoothie, Southwestern Gazpacho, and many more.
Now to join in the healthy eating fun, I made a low sugar breakfast muffin. These muffins provide a small portion of your fruit and vegetable servings for the day. With each bite of the muffin there will be a burst of many flavors permeating your palate. You will find DOLE carrots, bananas, strawberries and blueberries in each muffin. Let’s grab a Carrot Ginger Summer Berry Breakfast Muffin and take the pledge to a healthier living!
I’m excited to be a part of the Get Up and Grow! Tour! All the recipes they will be sampling on the tour I definitely need to try, especially the spinach avocado hummus. Healthy living is just a part of our every day lives here at my house. In the last few years I have had to implement a low sugar, and low sodium diet. Here are a few other healthy recipes I have tucked away in my CafeTerraBlog vault: Blueberry Lemon Banana Bites, Raspberry Almond Chia Pudding, Quinoa Banana Nut Quick Bread Bars, Fiesta Summer Salad, Tomato Soup with Roasted Red Peppers and Herbs.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray regular size muffin pan with cooking spray.
In medium bowl, mix together sugar, Greek yogurt, egg, banana, fresh ginger, and fresh carrot juice.
In small bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Mix wet and dry ingredients together, but don't over mix the batter. Fold in the fresh strawberries, blueberries, and pecans.
Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full of batter, and bake for about 18-20 minutes depending on oven. Check with toothpick to see it fully cooked. Let cool.
Enjoy plain, or with some local honey!
*Disclaimer* I am an official ambassador for DOLE fresh fruits and vegetables. DOLE provided me with free salad and free banana coupons for the purpose of this post, as well as compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine.