About Cafe’ Terra
Welcome to CafeTerraBlog, a place to share, enjoy, and sit down with old and new friends. I live in North Carolina with my amazing husband, sweet puppy Ode’, and precious kitties Tuki & Juno. When I am in the kitchen, it is my yoga. There is a sense of calm to creating new recipes, and sharing classic favorites. For my day job I work as Senior Food Safety/Quality Assurance Specialist for restaurants, hotels, amusement parks, arenas, and hospitals.
I don’t always cook alone, my husband and I make a great team in the kitchen. He enjoys grilling something new on one or all four of his grills. Then I create a dish to go with his grilled treat. Teamwork at its best!
CafeTerraBlog was started in 2010. In the beginning my goal was to share healthy treats. I received a Nutritional Science degree from University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona. Then as the years went by, I slowly drifted away from healthy treats. Times have changed, and now in my fourth year of blogging, I am back to creating healthy dishes. Recently we discovered I have to change to the Diabetic diet. You can definitely expect to see many sugar free, and gluten free recipes! My promise to my friends and family, I will still share some fun sweet treats just for them!
Here is a chance to get to know me just a wee-bit more.
Ten things about me:
1. My favorite color is green.
2. My favorite food is pizza.
3. My first college degree was in broadcasting, my dream was to be a D.J. in NYC!
4. My favorite movie, Footloose (the one made 1984.)
5. My favorite actor, Kevin Bacon.
6. I love watching football, my team is San Francisco 49er’s.
7. I would love to live in a small town in Canada someday.
8. I have a severe hearing impairment, so I read lips VERY well.
9. I love all animals, and the only kids I have are furry & precious!
10. True confession: I break out in a dance if the food I am eating is that amazing!
Come on in, Have a seat, ALL animals welcome!