About Cafe’ Terra
Welcome to CafeTerraBlog, a place to share, enjoy, and sit down with old and new friends. I live in North Carolina with my amazing husband, sweet puppy Ode’, and precious kitties Tuki & Juno. When I am in the kitchen, it is my yoga. There is a sense of calm to creating new recipes, and sharing classic favorites. For my day job I work as Senior Food Safety/Quality Assurance Specialist for restaurants, hotels, amusement parks, arenas, and hospitals.
I don’t always cook alone, my husband and I make a great team in the kitchen. He enjoys grilling something new on one or all four of his grills. Then I create a dish to go with his grilled treat. Teamwork at its best!
CafeTerraBlog was started in 2010. In the beginning my goal was to share healthy treats. I received a Nutritional Science degree from University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona. Then as the years went by, I slowly drifted away from healthy treats. Times have changed, and now in my fourth year of blogging, I am back to creating healthy dishes. Recently we discovered I have to change to the Diabetic and also the DASH diet. You can definitely expect to see many sugar free, low sodium, and gluten free recipes! My promise to my friends and family, I will still share some fun sweet treats just for them!
Here is a chance to get to know me just a wee-bit more.
Ten things about me:
1. My favorite color is green.
2. My favorite food is pizza.
3. My first college degree was in broadcasting, my dream was to be a D.J. in NYC!
4. My favorite movie, Footloose (the one made 1984.)
5. My favorite actor, Kevin Bacon.
6. I love watching football, my team is San Francisco 49er’s.
7. I would love to live in a small town in Canada someday.
8. I have a severe hearing impairment, so I read lips VERY well.
9. I love all animals, and the only kids I have are furry & precious!
10. True confession: I break out in a dance if the food I am eating is that amazing!
Come on in, Have a seat, ALL animals welcome!