Homemade Quinoa Granola
Author: Terra Baltosiewich and Sissy
- 2 cups rolled oats, uncooked
- ½ cup quinoa, uncooked
- ¼ cup whole raw almonds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pomegranate flavor craisins
- ½ cup honey
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray, or grease with butter.
- In medium bowl - mix together oats, quinoa, almonds, sunflower seeds, craisins, honey, egg whites, cinnamon, ground flax seed, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Pour granola mixture in greased pan, spread out evenly, and bake for 20 minutes depending on oven.
- Cool quinoa granola, and break up in pan, or cut into bars. Top quinoa granola with delicious Greek yogurt.
Depending on how you like your granola, if you want it a little more moist, add an additional ½ cup honey and 1 more egg white.
Recipe by Café Terra at http://www.cafeterrablog.com/2013/01/27/homemade-quinoa-granola-made-virtually-with-my-sissy/